How we work with you
If you’re unsure about where your career is heading talk to us at Career Development Services.
At CDS, we ensure that you get the right career that is best for YOU. From making applications to succeeding at interviews we can help you every step of the way.
- Have you recently been made redundant and are in dread of the prospect of marketing yourself?
- Have you been so long with the same employer that you feel institutionalised and have no idea where to start on your career journey?
- Are you upskilling but not sure what training or education would best suit you?
- Do you know what your right career fit is?
With the right advice and guidance, you can correctly identify where your passions and your aptitudes lie – and match those to a career that will provide genuine fulfilment and satisfaction.
Our 5 Proven Steps at Career Development Services are the keys to unlock the door to your dream job.
The 5 Proven Steps
Download our free E-book and contact us to learn more about our 5 Proven Steps and how we can help you.
If you’re serious about making the right career decision and finding the job satisfaction that you deserve, you need professional help. Career Development Services has over 20 years experience as leading practitioners in the area of career development and occupational psychology.
We work with a wide range of individuals who face many challenges.
Sometimes the challenges are due to enforced circumstances such as redundancy or forced retirement. Other times we meet people in mid-career who have suddenly woken up to the realisation that this may well be what they will do for the rest of their lives and are not happy at the prospect.
We also help graduates and post-graduates who are struggling to make the transition from academic life to a genuine career. They have to find their own place in the world, know how to present themselves to achieve their goals and focus on how to succeed. Or sometimes it may be young students beginning to explore the world of work and what jobs may suit or be a best match for them.
What Clients have said
Many people whom we have helped are still employed by the same business and are extremely happy with the positions and career progressions they have experienced as a result of the work we have done with them.
“I was so impressed with the service that I then referred both of my sisters, my now husband and my cousin to Eleanor. All are now working in areas identified by the process. I cannot recommend Eleanor and her service highly enough.”
In our experience, it is not easy to be objective about yourself and is particularly difficult when accompanied by circumstances such as redundancy.
“After working with a company for over 22 years, I was made redundant. I felt very unprepared and very unsure what lay ahead. My company offered me career coaching through Eleanor Murphy. After just a few sessions with her, all this changed, paving the way to securing a job – and the job I wanted.”
Our focus is self awareness, matching the right people with the right role.
We utilise a broad range of techniques and tools to help you find the job role that is right for you, providing you with the guidance, direction, skills and knowledge to make informed decisions about one of the most important moves you’ll ever make.
With our help, you can go into the workplace armed with a thorough knowledge of your key strengths and how they can be best utilised in the career that you have chosen.
You’ll have a strategy and a plan put in place to enhance your employability, with a range of proven Job Search Techniques that will help you successfully tackle the job market.
And last but not least, you’ll have the confidence and the motivation to take your career on to the next level
The bottom line is that individuals who match the job role will love what they do and will do it very well. What we do is to work with you to ensure that you get the career that is right for You.
A Quick and Simple Start
A Personal Profile Analysis and One-to One Feedback.
To get you started in defining the Job you want why not do a Personal Profile.
Here is what you can expect from your very own Personal Profile:
- Following an initial online questionnaire, a personal report, you will have a one-to- one exclusive personal feedback session to take you through the results on an item-by-item basis, giving you the essential information you need to define the job that’s right for you and to find genuine career fulfillment.
- Your Personal Profile will unveil both your strengths and your weaknesses which are the foundation for finding a good fit between who you are and what you can do thus maximising your chances of career success.
- By knowing your key strengths and those personal traits that make you different, you will have a better understanding of what makes you an outstanding employee, setting you apart from all other candidates.
- Acknowledging your weaknesses gives you a huge head start in planning your career. It’s difficult to define these weaknesses without help, but it’s essential to be aware of them if you’re to avoid career choices which will be compromised by them.
- You will discover the type of work environment that best suits you. As an example, are you more suited to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, or something more predictable?
- Would you make a good leader? What is your management style or if in sales your sales style? What is your team role? A personal profile will give you a greater understanding of the type of job that will give you maximum satisfaction.
- You will learn how to project confidence, removing any sense of self-doubt and arming you with a complete picture of your uniqueness. This will allow you project yourself in a manner that lets others know who you are, what you have to offer and how you can make a difference in any organisation.
- It will give you a competitive edge. It is quite conceivable that you’re experiencing despondency, thinking that there’s too much competition out there. Your Personal Profile will develop that competitive edge within yourself, giving you the skills and techniques to get noticed by employers, agencies or your business network.
- Knowledge of what motivates you and drives you to best performance. In other words, you’ll discover what ignites your passion.
- Identification of the gaps for particular skills which you may lack, and the specific training you may need to move you to the next level.
Look what a Personal Profile has achieved for others:
‘‘I found Eleanor to be a great listener and advisor. Her personal profile honed in on my suitability for my job and this was a confidence builder because I could identify with my strengths and weaknesses and I found this to be very positive.’’
“With Eleanor’s hard work she has given my confidence a real boost, and made me realise I have more to offer than I thought. Sincerely, I thank her for that”. Ruth Scully.
What you need to do now:
Let us prepare your Personal Profile to discover what you’re passionate about, remove your doubts and identify any gaps in your skills or your training.
Though you may have spent most of your career to date working in the same environment, you can be rest assured that your skills are highly transferable and can work to excellent effect in a wide variety of industry sectors. Let us help you to clarify those skills
So make a start today. Click here to contact us and arrange for your Personal Profile
P.S. As a valuable additional bonus, you will also receive a proven CV structure that helps you maximise your chances of making it to the interview stage.